As many of you know, we decided, after a short sabbatical, to revive our User Conference initiative, so as to share best practices in safety and security management that we’ve learned over time, best practices which have also informed the development of our next-generation product, Noggin 2.0.
Recently, we held the Noggin UC 2019 in Sydney, Australia. And we’re pleased to say that the two-day event was a resounding success. Attendance was through the roof; more than 200 hundred customers, partners, and specialists came. What’s more, the sessions were all of the highest quality.
If you missed it, here were some of the highlights:
- Celebrated keynote. We had national security expert, Michael Shoebridge, on hand to deliver the keynote address. A Director at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI), Michael has a wealth of government and private sector experience, including stints at the Prime Minister’s department, the Department of Finance, and the Defence team. He brought all of that experience to his interactive address on the interconnections between security, technology, economics, and geopolitics, which spurred passionate debate.
Noggin CEO, James Boddam-Whetham and Director at APSI, Michael Shoebridge, at the 2019 Noggin UC
- Superb customer presentations. Our valued customers showed up in force. And we were even lucky to have so many of them discuss their experiences implementing the Noggin platform and lessons learned.
When it was all said and done, nine customers offered detailed case studies of their Noggin implementations, including three non-Australia customers who traveled all the way to Sydney, the City of Vancouver, Southern California Gas & Electric, and Housing New Zealand. The remaining Australian customers also demonstrated the applicability of our Noggin solution across multiple industries, showcasing novel implementations in sectors like, logistics (LINX Cargo Care Group), retail (Woolworths), higher education (University of Technology Sydney), and public healthcare (Victoria Department of Health and Human Services).
Southern California Gas, Emergency Response Technologist, Doug Chow at the 2019 Noggin UC
- Dinner and awards. The theme of our User Conference was giving back, since we know we wouldn’t be where we are without our customers. And that’s why on night one, we hosted a dinner. During the dinner, we honored multiple customers for best-in-class technology innovations in their field.
Noggin CEO, James Boddam-Whetham with Best Security Incident Management Implementation winner Woolworths, represented by Darin Crofts, Group Incident and Risk Manager at Woolworths
Noggin CEO, James Boddam-Whetham presents a Noggie to Tamara Martin of AGL Energy, for Best Energy Utilities Implementation
- Rich insights from the partner ecosystem. In the last couple of years, we’ve brought a robust (and growing) partner community into the Noggin fold. And so, we devoted a track to the partner experience during the conference. Highlights of that partner series included technology partner, Ralf Capel from Amazon Web Services (AWS), and strategic partner, Rachelle Koster from Deloitte Australia.
AWS Account Manager, Technology and SaSS, Ralf Capel on the Partner Track at the 2019 Noggin UC
- Primetime for Noggin 2.0. We were absolutely thrilled to showcase our next-gen, integrated safety and security management software platform, Noggin 2.0. And the feedback was amazing. Our Product team took our existing user base through a live demonstration of the core platform; and later, individual Noggins took our customers through solution packs for Safety, Security, Crisis, Emergency, and Business Continuity.
Noggin Solutions Consultant, Daniel Mackey at the 2019 Noggin UC
One final word: the Noggin UC exceeded even our wildest imaginations. We were simply blown away by the energy from and creativity of our valued user base. We hope even more of our customers and curious onlookers can make it next time.
Stay up-to-date with Noggin by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter (@teamnoggin)